Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I don't know Karate, but I do know Ca-razy, and I will use it.

Current mood: crazy



Psychotic. Crazy Ass. Fruit Loops. Fat Boy. One sandwich short a picnic. Not all of his dogs are barking. Fatso. Overly Obese. Chunko. Pick one.



I've been a fat kid most of my life. So being called names is nothing new to me. Over the years I have learned to embrace several of them. Self deprecating humor has always been in my arsenal. And as my sister opined in a correspondense long ago, I am gifted with an acid tongue. She warned that I am probably not one to get involved with in a war with words.



How true.



People that know me well are very well aware of this. Those of you who do not know me so well... let's just say you've been a great source of amusement to me. Yes, Virginia, I can be a "heartless bastard of a felon". I've rarely professed to be anything else where some people are concerned. On the other hand, I can be a real pussycat or teddybear. An old friend of mine during my post office days put it this way...

"Tony is the best friend you could ever have.  But if you ever cross him, he will flay you alive."



In my youth, I was scarred by insensitive words and insults. I learned early on that you can do more lasting damage with a well turned phrase than a closed fist. Bruises heal. My kind of damage can go deep into someone's psyche. You might forgive some of the things I've said to you...but you'll never forget them. Even if you profess that I didn't scrape a nerve. We both know better.



And so I've been labeled as the Psychotic Father, the Malicious Crazy Uncle...He's fucking nuts! Y'know, I don't have a problem with that.



Life changes over the past 10 years have helped to forge me into the man that I am today. Literally forged in fire, you might say. (Another reference to life on Argon St...coming soon to a blog near you)



Here's the bottom line folks. I never was a fan of taking the high road. There are no rewards waiting for me in Heaven. And for all those years that I did take the high road, people were more than happy to take advantage.



Ca-razy? Crazy like a fox.

No comments:

Post a Comment