Monday, December 27, 2010

Grudge

I'm pretty well known for holding a grudge.  Ask anyone.  But 2010 opened my eyes to a few things: it's been a rough year.  Recently it was brought to my attention that a couple of family members are haboring some mighty strong grudges against me.  That's really unfortunate.  And the worst part is, they're only hurting themselves.

Holding on to my grudge against my brother cost me any chance at all of developing a friendship with him.  And if I had been successful in bonding in some way with him, we might have been able to communicate. Found a solution that might have restored us as a family.   Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda.  I do that a lot.

So I will say it again.  Talk to one another.  Talk to me.  I don't bite unless unnecessarily provoked.
And although I don't advise it, you can even lead off with an all out verbal assault.  Get it out of your system.  One of my nephews wrote a song about his feelings towards me.  Probably the best I've heard him produce.  It opened some doors between he and I, and most importantly, it opened some lines of communication.  It's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment